Androgenic alopecia is much less common in women than in men, but anyway, women also resort to hair transplantation as one of the most popular and effective operations. There are many reasons for hair loss, so before the hair transplant surgery, we advise you to pass a number of tests, below is a list of recommended ones.
This is the list of analysis that women should do before hair transplantation:
1. Analysis for latent iron deficiency (ferritin, serum iron, TIBS) and 25-OH-vitamin D.
2. Determination of the level of thyroid hormones (TSH, free T4, AT to TPO);
3. Complete blood count with leukoformula (CBC);
Additional anazysis for hair loss:
1. Additional tests for hormones: free T3, antibodies to thyroglobulin, cortisol;
2. Biochemical blood test: ALT, AST, GGT, SHB, bilirubin, glucose, alpha-amylase, urea, creatinine, protein, albumin;
3. Tests for sex hormones:
in women – estradiol, testosterone, DHEA-S, DHT, LH, FSH, 17-OP, progesterone, prolactin.
4. Consultation of an endocrinologist and / or gynecologist.
5. Ultrasound of the thyroid gland.