In general, the beard is a symbol of tough masculinity and good looks. The features are to grow a beard and its length is very popular in today’s world. But, of course, there are also those who cannot grow a beard. This may be due to genetic factors or injuries. For this reason, men who want beards have started to turn to a very popular procedure in recent years: beard transplant.
Beard transplant is a procedure that restores hair to areas where facial hair is sparse or missing. This surgical procedure can be performed on mustache areas, beards and cheeks. At the same time, beard transplant can be done to hide acne and scars on the face. There are two types of Beard transplants: FUT technique, FUE technique and DHI technique. Your doctor will choose the most suitable one for you.
- 1 How much is beard transplant?
- 2 How much is the beard transplant cost in Turkey?
- 3 How much is a full beard transplant?
- 4 How much is a small beard transplant?
- 5 Is beard transplant worth it?
- 6 How much does a full beard transplant cost?
- 7 How long does beard transplant last?
- 8 How is beard transplant done?
- 9 How much is facial hair transplant?
How much is beard transplant?
Beard transplant is one of the most preferred aesthetic procedures. Patients who want to have this procedure often look for an affordable transplant as well as the best clinic. The countries with the highest number of beard transplants worldwide and the beard transplant costs there are as follows:
- US $4-15K
- UK £3-7K
- Spain $4k
- Turkey $2.5-4k
Considering the table above, it can be seen that the cheapest beard transplant price is in Turkey.
How much is the beard transplant cost in Turkey?
Turkey is the number one destination by many. The average cost of a beard transplant in Turkey is about 1900 USD. The cost may vary depending on the type of hospital and the procedure. In addition, for the recovery process, this price can approach $ 3000 with accommodation, transportation to the hospital, and flight tickets. You can contact medical tourism agencies to optimize these other costs. Despite this increase, the most affordable beard transplant is still here. Especially since the most equipped hospitals are in Istanbul, Istanbul beard transplant is in high demand.
How much is a full beard transplant?
Here, the most determining factor for transplant cost is the number of grafts. Graft is a structure that contains skin and hair roots. Generally, the hair follicle is understood as graft, but the two do not mean the same thing. One graft can contain 1 to 4 hair follicles. In general, the price for a full beard in the world reaches an average of $ 10k.
How much is a small beard transplant?
With the aforementioned grafts being taken only in small numbers for small areas, the average price varies between 3-5k dollars. Of course, this cost of beard transplant is average, but it can be found cheaper in various places. The most important factor in the price is the quality of the hospital and doctor you make.
Is beard transplant worth it?
The satisfaction rate after transplant can vary between 60% and 80%. This rate is affected by the doctor, the service received from the hospital and the recovery process after the operation. However, in general, the beard transplant is a very promising procedure. After this process, which takes about 3-6 hours, beards start to grow after about 1 month.
How much does a full beard transplant cost?
Beard transplant operation is performed worldwide. For a complete beard treatment, the cost of a beard transplant in the United States ranges from $6500 to $11000, depending on your needs. If extra processing is required, you may be charged. The average cost of a beard transplant operation in Spain depends on the doctor’s experience, clinic, etc. It is around 4800 Euros, depending on the country. If you choose the Netherlands, you have to pay about 8300 € for the beard transplant. In France, the transplant cost is £ 9000. This operation is performed in clinics in England for an average of 15000 Euros. In Germany, it has a price of 12000 €. In Turkey, this price goes up to a maximum of $4500.
How long does beard transplant last?
There is no need to stay in the hospital after the beard transplant operation. You may experience redness and tenderness on your face after a Beard transplant. In addition, the same symptoms can be seen in the donor area where the hair follicles are taken. This is a very natural process. Symptoms generally improve within a few days.
Then, on the 2nd or 3rd day after the procedure, the treated area is washed by professionals. After washing, redness may occur in the planting area. These spots crust over in the first week or two, and then these crusts fall off. All transplanted beards can fall out about 2 – 3 weeks after the beard transplant. The new beards that will grow after this shedding will be permanent. Beards take their final shape within 6 to 9 months after sowing. Unless you have a health problem that will change the entire balance of the body, the results of the beard transplant operation will accompany you for life.
How is beard transplant done?
Before the Beard transplant procedure:
- Avoid shaving the back of the head or the jaw line at least one month before the procedure because donor hair follicles will be taken from these areas.
- Do the skin stretching exercises recommended by the doctor
- Avoid going outside to avoid the possibility of allergies or infections
- Stop taking prescription hair loss medications two weeks before the procedure.
- Quit smoking starting two to four weeks before the procedure.
Then your process starts according to the type of operation you choose.
FUE procedure: It is the process of removing the hair follicles in the donor area one by one using micro motor special punches without using a scalpel.
Before Beard Transplantation (FUE) Operation;
- With the FUE beard transplant method, the roots are taken one by one with the help of a micromotor.
- The extracted hair follicles are transferred to the area to be transplanted with the help of a micromotor at the same angle without disturbing their natural shape as it should be.
- Hair roots are planted without any incision on the skin.
- The most important thing to consider is to adjust the direction of the hair follicles when transplanting a beard. Beards are planted according to the direction of the patient’s mustache.
After Beard Transplantation (FUE) Operation;
- There won’t be any scars.
- There is no pain or ache when removing hair follicles.
- The transplanted beards come out one by one.
FUT procedure: It was one of the first beard and mustache transplantation methods in the world and for a while it was the only option in this field, but as time passed, new methods took its place. There are still patients who find this method suitable for them.
Beard transplantation with the FUT method has a procedure similar to surgery:
- At first, the hair bank and skin are shaved and local anesthesia is applied. The skin is then sterilized.
- In the next step, your doctor cuts the skin of your donor area into a thin strip. Because this part is the most suitable part of the hair. This area is then closed with sutures. The only method that requires stitches between beard and mustache transplants is the FUT method.
- In the next step, the doctor cuts the separated part of the scalp into smaller pieces and places them under the microscope to separate the grafts.
- Using a very fine needle, your doctor makes small holes in your face for graft planting.
- These grafts are then planted in small holes and the process is completed.
- One month after the procedure, the wounds heal. After three months, the beard begins to grow slowly and after a year it becomes thicker and completes.
DHI technique: DHI beard transplantation is a part of the FUE beard transplantation method. However, the only difference here is that the hairs are removed with custom-made FUE needles with a diameter of 0.5 – 0.7 mm and placed in a hair pen needle, known as a beard transplant pen. Then, hair transplantation is done without touching the skin, or the desired area is directed.
Since the DHI beard transplant is directed directly with the pen, no bleeding occurs and the next day, the washing process can be started immediately. After a period of 1 week, the healing process takes place.
The transplanted beards fall out in the first 15 days and start to grow again after about 3 months. In 4 to 6 months, the beards reach the desired growth consistency.
DHI Beard Transplant Advantages
- Permanent results are achieved.
- Since it is not a surgical procedure, there are no scars.
- Natural results that look perfect are achieved.
- Depth and angle control is easier thanks to the pen used for DHI.
- Recovery time is shorter than other techniques.
Finally, here are some things to consider to maintain overall results:
- Until the first wash after hair transplantation, the donor area should not be contacted with water and chemicals. Especially in the first three days, it is a very critical process for the grafts to adhere to the skin.
- It is recommended that you stay away from all tobacco products and alcohol, especially cigarettes, for a week or two. Consumption of these products weakens the healing process, prevents the grafts from sticking to the skin more tightly, and therefore reduces the efficiency you will get from the procedure.
- It is necessary not to worry about the shock shedding process that will occur in the first month after planting. This is a very natural process that includes healing.
- In case of crusting and itching that will occur after sowing, you should not scratch your beard, especially with other hard objects.
- Activities that cause sweating, such as sports, should be avoided.
- Regular sleep is important. It is necessary to lie on your back and the planted area should have little contact with the pillow.
- You must have your doctor do the necessary washing after the operation, otherwise you may cause an infection and this is not desired at all. It causes resetting the whole process at once.
How much is facial hair transplant?
The facial hair procedure, also known as the beard transplant, can vary depending on the techniques mentioned above and where you want to apply it. If you choose Istanbul beard transplant, the maximum fee is 4.5k $, while in Germany this price can reach 12k pounds. That’s why you can find the most suitable one for you by doing a good research and online consulting with agencies.
In the light of all this information, the beard transplant has become very popular and is also very popular with its non-scalpel types such as FUE, DHI. Although the cost of beard transplant differs in each country, in general terms, the most affordable beard transplant is in Turkey. They carry out their transactions with a very high success and satisfaction rate with their fully-credited hospitals and specialist doctors.
Permanence after the procedure is quite high all over the world, with a few genetic and accidental exceptions. The biggest reason why it is in demand as much as hair transplantation among aesthetic operations is the social media and the increasing beard fashion in the world, especially in the last 5 years. If you want to think in this way and have a beard planted, it is recommended that you do it by researching and consulting.
For all questions, you can contact with us via below.